I feel as if I have been glued to my laptop this week. I’m not sure how many hours I have stared at this screen for; between making my poster, making my figures, and writing this post, it has been many hours. On the bright side, I’m very proud of my poster. I have put in a lot of work, and I think it looks very professional. In a few days I get to present my poster.
At my poster’s judgement day, I received lots of suggestions—constructive and opinion-based. I learned that everyone has a very different idea of what is aesthetically pleasing, so that was the main topic of conversation. After the session, I made changes according to the group’s suggestions, then I showed it to my lab. They had very different opinions, so I changed it again to make the poster meet half-way. I am hoping that my final product is aesthetically pleasing and understandable to the people at the poster session.
On Wednesday, Erica left to go to Vancouver, Washington for a work-related gathering. This has left me in charge of the crabs again. She made a bunch of food for them before she left, so I didn’t have to worry about that. The water flow had changed dramatically one night, dropping so low that twenty-six crabs died in one bucket. I am not certain which bucket Erica was using for her experiments, but if she was using the bucket with all the deaths, we get to go collect more crabs next week.
On Saturday, Maya invited the REUs to her house to pick blackberries and make pie. It was enjoyable, and the pies were delicious. Maya lives out east, in the forest; the change of scenery was refreshing.
Next week we will present our posters and finish the program. These eight weeks have gone by very fast; it is crazy that this program is almost finished.